Love Out Of Lust Series

Monday, May 22, 2017

Update About Me and Other Things

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven’t been blogging, as I’m so busy writing and cleaning up a story I’m dying to published, Promiscuity & Success. The first installment to The Chronicles of Meriesa Lopez. I had completed the story a couple of weeks ago, and this was the longest novel I’ve ever written in 140k words. Right now, I’m cleaning up the story. I hate having to be a perfectionist here, but I want the story to have a good flow, being that it is very long. I’m about halfway through the story, as I change and delete scenes that aren’t either necessary or needed to be revised. It took me two years to find a prequel, but I realized the prequel would be a long-ass novel that I truly enjoy. It’s a story I fell in love with writing since.

The story about Meriesa Lopez is a chronological timeline, reflecting her secret past, her present situation where she is torn between a job she hates, a boring life, and a possible chance at falling in love with the right guy, but something else lures her away from falling in love; something so tempting she couldn’t resist – a chance to live out all her fantasies with an old friend from prep school, Adela Giovanni.

The story I’m cleaning up will be the most different from all the other stories I’ve written, because I’m tapping into scenes that I never thought I would combine one day, but I want it to be one of the best stories I’ve ever written. My only hopes is that others would be interested and intrigued at what I wrote.

This past Monday, I was hosting a takeover at Shaan Renae’s 1K Likes Celebration, and this must’ve came with a stroke of luck, because an author was supposed to takeover, but it ended up being a no-call, no-show. It’s not her fault. I offered to host a 90 minute takeover. 60 minutes for me, and 30 minutes to the late Kathleen Grieve, a good friend of mine on in the romance industry. She dedicated her entire life helping others, and she was on the verge of coming back releasing her books. She was recently dubbed ‘USA’s Bestselling Author in the beginning of the month, but on May 11th she passed away unexpectedly.

I wanted to host a tribute to her, because she meant a lot to many. I really didn’t have much to give, but I felt in my heart I had to. I didn’t want her to go without being recognize for who she was, and if I can help her legacy as an author I’ll do what I can to help. She had recently signed with a publisher Naughty Nights Press, and from what I heard from the owner of the publishing company, Gina Kincade, she’s working on keeping her legacy alive, and I want to help any way I can.

I never met her, but I enjoy chit-chatting with her. She was helpful giving me some ideas about certain characters in my story that work in a medical profession. Her style of work was romance in the medical field. I remembered when she told me that what inspired her to write medical romance was all the medical shows on TV, where some things didn’t seem believable, and she was turned off by it to where she began writing her twists to it.

Upon her last release, she worked tirelessly to promote Prowlers & Growlers, an anthology that featured her book, Chicks Dig Scars – a paranormal medical romance. I haven’t read it, and I want to take the time to read it when I can. I want to give her a rating, and I have a feeling it would be good.


I’ll miss her, especially when my Yankees play against her Diamondbacks. I’ll also miss talking smack when it comes to her Cardinals against my 49ers on the field. Rest in peace, dear friend. Things won’t be the same without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment