Love Out Of Lust Series

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

When People Question My Political Views, But All I Ask Is Tolerance - 10/26/2016

Hey people, what's up? Over the past week, my woman and I have been reported for unnecessary reasons, on Facebook, for unnecessary reasons. I could only guess it's political, because I'm mainly a liberal, and I support Black Live Matters Movement, also Blue Lives Matter Movement, while, yes I'm a Clinton Supporter, and also Kaepernick supporter, for football and political reasons, I'm also a Bernie Sanders Supporter. So, for those who have problem with me, I am who I am. If I friended you on Facebook, or better yet, you friended me on Facebook, and you'r the polar opposite of me, it's time to really get to know me, because I come to realize there are a number of people who should.

Now, where should I begin? Starting from being a Republican in 1994, to a Democrat in 1997 and since then. Also, being a 49ers and Raiders fan since the 1990s. To be honest, I wasn't a 49ers fan until 2010 season, when John Singletary was the head coach. It took me very long to admit, but I've been a 49ers fan for a very long time. I remembered, when I was in grade school, when I was watching the San Francisco 49ers, in the late 1980's, when Joe Montana, respectively, scored some many touchdowns. I remembered Super Bowl 23 & 24 (1988 & 1989 Champions) scored some many touchdowns that, the 49ers held their head up high. I also remembered the Bo Jackson Era, when he was with the Los Angeles Raiders and with the Kansas City Royals -- two great teams.

My influence with the San Francisco 49ers didn't become strong, until the 2010 season, when John Singletary became the head coach. Now, I feel bad to tell my step-son and my wife, who are die-hard 49ers fans, but I've always admired them since the late 1980s and early 1990s, when Joe Montana was able to delegate the ball, and Steve Young took on the legacy. At that time, I was a Los Angeles Raiders fan, and yes, I still love the Raiders today, but my heart is still in San Francisco.
 
I won't argue that my faithfulness to the San Francisco 49ers came from my influence from my wife and stepson, but I will always show love for the current Oakland Raiders, whom I have struggle with a hard time to call them Las Vegas Raider, if they were given the opportunity (I'm remaining neutral, BTW), but they're having very good season in 2016.

My support of Kaeprenick has shown both love and hate for who I support; sadly among conservatives, in which I've been fucked with for who I support.  I'm a 49ers fan, win or lose, but no matter how shitty the team is, I'm going to be that person, while showing love for the Raiders as well. What many people didn't also know, in 1994, I voted Republican, with the exception of 1996 election, until I became a registered Democrat in 1997, and since then, I've voted mostly Democrat. Although, as a registered Democrat, I've voted for Republican Governors, only because they were for the people, and the kind of governors I had voted for in politics were moderates; they were willing to work the public. Now, if anyone questioned me about my politics, which one am I a Lib or Con, well here's my answer, and I'll break it down. Socially, I'm a liberal. This is a major reason why I switched my party to Democrat in 1997, because of social politics. I was a registered Republican, or better yet an independent in 1994, in New York State, but I was inspired by the Republican Party in 1980s, when Reagan was president, and George H.W. Bush was president. I will not lie, in case this bites me in the ass, but I did like the ideology in the days. I also like Bill Clinton, who was more realistic than George Bush in the early 1990s, and forget Ross Perot, when he dropped out he lost that independent base. How I became a full liberal, well thanks to guys like Rick Santorum, Jerry Falwell and people like Franklin Graham, I grew disgusted on who I was willing to support. I strongly believe against religion being mixed with politics, but I also struggled with the ideology of Republicanism. Now some may call me a traitor, but there's a method to my madness, and why I won't support who was in the party these days.

In the 2000s, my views grew much more liberal, realizing the truth of propaganda versus the reality of what was going in America, I learned that the number of people being affected in poverty, was largely minorities, mainly African-Americans and Hispanics that were in poverty, I grew consciously aware. My feeling of systematic racism didn't come to subject until 2011, when I not only saw a group of black people fighting for us, but a number of white people that did, including people in law enforcement and political background, which also included people who are billionaires that fought for fairness that want to see equality, that made me realize we are all one, as American. I never said they anything about race, but it felt good when people of the opposite color that is willing to go public and fight for us; something that wasn't easily done for a long time, even in the 1990s, when it was all taboo.

Now, it comes down to the 2010's, where people like me want to be treated equally, but some people see otherwise.  First off, I'm Hispanic by race (Puerto Rican by culture), but a number of people see otherwise, because of my skin color and what they were taught by their parents, see things differently. I live in a town that has a hard time accepting people of color, when there's a large number of Hisapnics by 3 to 4 ratio. I'm probably more American than most people, but refuse to take a litmus test to prove it.I'm very well-aware that my skin color is black, and I can truly identify with both the Black and Hispanic race, as well as I want to be accepted by the White and Asian Race. My wife of twelve years, who is White, has had her share of both racism and and sexism, where she was challenged to take on the so called 'man's world, because they see a woman they see a threat to every manhood.

Now, here is the challenging questions, any fool would challenge me on, and I'll answer easily and truthfully.

Do I support Barrack Obama? Yes, and so does my wife

It was never because of race, I've met a few of Black Republicans, but because of ideology. Now, in the past, I've supported Republicans in the past, in the 1990s, but my ideology has changed since the late 1990s, and have been that way since. My main focus is equality, while some may disagree, which they're entitled to, bu to, but I won't let them challenge my beliefs. Now, if anyone asked why I left the party, it's because of the religious right. How I view the religious right is a hidden form of fascism. They use religion as a meaning of seperatism, when I knew the American history long before. Muslims have been accepted since the Eighteen Century, but modern Americanism, or people who represent the conservative party try to blind you with the fiction of Americans was founded on Judeo-Christian values, when the founding fathers said otherwise. Even I believe that Benjamin Franklin preferred lighthouses over churches, including John Adams, who was a Federalist, disliked religion. Barry M. Goldwater dislike religion over politics too, even though I disagreed with his politics then, but I wasn't born in the 1960s, and I was a kid in the 1980s.

Clearly, how my politics went from being being conservative to liberal in the years was all due to religion mixed with politics. I realized that people who mixed religion into politics disgusts me very much, and the way they embraced them turned my head to a different direction, where I decided to vote for a group of liberals; they were more respective on anyone else's views than the conservatives, even though they weren't much saints as well, but I had more trust in them.

Now, it's time to fast-forward to the 2010', where I have long supported the Bernie Sanders movement, before he ran for president of the United States.  I've long heard of him since 1997, when the millenials were in diapers or in grade school. He was a champion then, and today, still a champion. Why I won't support Trump, and why I lost respect with him told a BIG reason. First off, I'm Hispanic, after the June 2015 speech he gave about Mexicans, also reflected with people like me. I know very well, people of Hispanic background weren't like that, but to the eyes of a rich man like Trump, he saw people of color an opportunity to blame for society's problem; basically a rich man's game he wants you to play. This was the rich man's game that separated white and blacks from the very beginning, except in the 2010's Blacks and Hispanics are considered the sole blame of all the problems, when there's a bigger picture that's missing. Anyone who is willing to take Trump's political gospel is willing to blame people like me for being their true problem of success. Now, I know the Democrats haven't done much to help the white working-class, and that feeling has faded away over the years, but all in all, I'm listening to a rich man, who for one, has never been poor, nor ever shopped in a grocery store, as well as knowing any real struggle to survive, but knows how to create the race-baiting of individuals; some you might know as neighbors, and pull the divide and conquer stunt like never before. Sadly, many didn't listen to Lydon Baines Johnson, who was just as racist as Strom Thurman, but came to some senses with this actual saying in the 1960's when he said,  If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you. Sadly, that' what it looks like in 2016.

Now, I know I a lot would try to debate me on why I shouldn't see things that way, and they will come across with cheap shots or insults, but I am who I am, and I won't change to make you like me. If that so much bothers you, then so be it, but I never asked for anyone's permission or approval to be who I am. I truly know the true meaning of Black Lives Matter Movement, but there are a few idiots who make us look bad, just like I support the Blue Lives Matter Movement, where only a few idiots make the cops look bad, but they're not so publicized like the Black Lives Matter Movement. I know race plays the games, but I'm not going to cry foul and call out anyone who doesn't represent; it's just a waste of time to me, and with what leverage do we have against an establishment that people believe in. I know, very well, not all cops are racists. I've been a victim of police brutality, and I've also seen cops give me a break, despite race, as long as you don't give them a hard time. I'm speaking in fairness here. However, I noticed the treatment from a number of police officers, and now, sadly, I live in a society where it is us against them, or how some perceive it. I don't see it that way. I just support the cause, based on the experiences, including witnessing some others who don't deserve to be treated that way, but couldn't act because I would get the same treatment like my friends, and it was just as worse than me, sadly, because they were minorities with criminal records. I grew up in the 1990s, where there were no cell phone cameras; different times to live through. Camera phones weren't widely available until the early and mid 2000s, despite the Rodney King situation.

Do I hate cops? No. I understand the attitude, and yes, I supported Colin Kapernaick long before his protest in August 2016. I see him as a potential quarterback, regardless of his political differences. Just as much as I like Bruce Willis, Tom Selleck, Sarah Michelle Gellar (from Buffy the Vamprire Slayer Series), along with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who are all Republicans. While their political differences don't attract me, their acting does. I see them as good actors, despite their political differences. Hell, you could be religious, don't fucking drink, smoke, or hate sex, but a very good actor. It's all about tolerance. Something that many Americans needed to be reminded about -- tolerance.

You and I don't have to be on the same page of everything, but what we can agree on the common purpose to benefit mankind -- tolerance. If you and I can work together to fight a war, we can work together to fight for the common purpose. Do not let the media dictate how you should think. That is the problem of America culture since the 1980s, telling people how they should think because one is different than another, and by thinking differently, you're suddenly the enemy for standing for what is right. As long as you're benefitting the people and not yourself. The key thing in here is tolerance, and even if you don't agree with me, I ask for your tolerance without questioning me Do I support Colin Kaepernick for his stance? Yes, I do. Long before the senseless controversy and during. I never asked for anyone's permission or approval over who I choose, and I won't stand for anyone daring to question me, because I'm willing to shut them down, even if they're willing to unfriend me or unlike my author page. I am who I am. I've never questioned you who you're voting for or what is your political beliefs, just respect mine.

I've been reported a couple of times, particularly in my Author Ray Sostre's page. And as recent as August 29th and October 20th, I've been messed with out of spite. I know it's not Facebook, messing with, but someone's reporting my pic, hoping to make my life a living hell, but I'm not going back down from it. It tells me that people like you are reacting to my personal pages, when most of you have friended me in the past, when people should realize that you sent the friend requests to me, mainly last year, and this is the price of friending me -- take it or leave it.

I learned that people who are opposite of my rarely mess with me, usually they don't get involved with my political rants,which I hardly express these days, because I'm sick of it, but some people seem to have a problem with it.

2016 has shown me a number of friends and supporters I've lost personally and to my author page. Does it hurt me, yes, but I also know that while I may differ than some, I've seen the number of true tolerance, even among those who don't get involved with politics. Truth is, I love talking about sex and than politics, but I am who I am, and I'm not willing to change, but I'm willing to tolerate those who are different than me.

Sadly, this is the new norm for the late 2010's. The number of people who are willing to distance themselves with others, because of their political difference. Have we become the culture of who we should talk to, like new media outlets in the 2000s? Who to listen to, what to eat, what to wear, or what to drink? Has the America culture become the sheep and fall for the saying of some rich man's culture,who basically doesn't care what you go through to survive, but wants you to follow their example, and sees free-thinkers and a pure threat? If this is the case, then by far, we've come to the point where we lost our sense and sensibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment