Love Out Of Lust Series

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Rights of The Girl Upstairs Have Returned Back to Me



On Sunday, I just got an email from one of the publishers, Romance Divine, that they are returning the rights The Girl Upstairs back to me, finally. It was my first official book that I published in 2012, and through my first publisher. When I was first accepted by a publisher, I was very excited. I felt like, at that time, I belonged somewhere – a place where I could be part of the family, but I learned more that I could do better as an indie erotic author a year later.

The Girl Upstairs was first written in 2011 and released six months later. At that time, I was learning the publishing business, and there was a bit of a struggle to promote them. Romance Divine was a good publishing company, but years later they realized that book sales through a publisher were declining, and many of the authors were having success as an independent author.

It was a learning experience going through a publisher, but I felt I was better off being an independent publisher, with my own personal label that is exclusive to me – AfterDark Press. The Girl Upstairs will be taken off the shelves, and I will have to find an editor and a cover designer for this story. It’s a good erotic romance, but much has changed after five years and the story is a bit dated, where I will have to change up the story just a bit. Hopefully, make it more contemporary and market it on my own.

Thank you Romance Divine for giving me a chance when others didn't. 


Well, that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment