Love Out Of Lust Series

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Trivial Facts About Love Type Situation

With just less than 2 day for the release. I thought you might want to know some trivial facts about my May/December erotic romance, Love Type Situation.




Trivial Facts about Love Type Situation.


1. First written in the summer of 2014. It all began with a short story about a forty year old woman going with a man who just turned twenty one. The story wasn’t picked up again until December 2014.

2. When I originally wrote the story, Sadie Mendez was supposed to work under Anderw’s mother, but the feeling of the story was too over-explanatory and boring. I wanted to be interesting.

3. Andrew Bishop was originally named Andrew Moynihan, but in order to take the story to a more hip level. I came across with the last name Bishop from a character of 1992’s motion picture Juice, acted by Tupac Shukar.

4. The original title of the story was called, If Loving You Was Wrong, but the story plot didn’t fit with the title.

5. Love Type Situation was inspired by Lisette Melendez’s 1994 song Love Type Situation.

6. The setting of the story was supposed to take place in New Jersey, but when I scrapped the original plot of the story, I decided to take the setting to San Francisco.

7. Andrew Bishop, as the DJ, was the reflection of me when I used to work as a club DJ from the late 1990s to the early 2000s. I was the only straight man working in a gay club from 2001 – 2002, where I was able to play the house music.

8. Since Sadie’s original character didn’t sit well going for a young man in his mid twenties (she was originally forty years old), I decided Sadie’s age to be in her early thirties.

9. The Stinson Beach scene was inspired by my trip to Marin County, California in May 2014.

10. The most difficult part of the story was the middle, where I had to revise over and over to have the build up to the sex scenes in the story.

11. There were a number of songs that inspired me to write the story:
  • If I Ever Fall In Love by Shai (1992)
  • To Be Able to Love by Jessica Folker (The Jonathan Peters Remix) (2001)
  • It’s Gonna Be Alright  by Pussy 2000 (2001)
  • Killing Me Softly by Fugees (1996)
  • All Is Well by Karamel Kel (2012)
  • Girlfriend by N’Sync feat Nelly (2002)
  • Revive by LuvBug (2014)

12. The official project took me three months to complete, in March 2015. The story would have been released some time around early summer or late spring, but there were a number of delays to move the story forward.

13. I, the author, had never lived in San Francisco, but I’m very inspired with the Bay Area lifestyle.

14. Club Bliss is a fictional night club, located in the Castro District of San Francisco, inspired by an actual gay nightclub called Lookout. The only place that actually exists from the story is Orphan Andy’s, a landmarked restaurant on Market Street, serving real comfort food. Did you know Harvey Milk used to dine there in the late seventies?

Be on the look out for the release, this Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment