Love Out Of Lust Series

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thursday Tasters - 07/30/2015: Love Type Situation (Orphan Andy's Scene)


Hey, welcome to another segment of Thursday Tasters.

In this segment, I'm going to go into another scene of my forthcoming release on August 24th --
Love Type Situation.

This is my first May/December erotic romance.

I also want to give thanks to my editor Elicia Stoll. She is one hell of an editor, and I got love for her.

Here is a little restaurant scene, located in the Castro District, called Orphan Andy's.

Enjoy!



“What about you? Do you just work in the clubs?”
“No, not really. I have a day job. I work at city hall.”
“City hall?” She was surprised. “Really? What do you do?”
“I’m a porter.” Andrew laughed. “I love doing that to people, but seriously, I’m a porter.”
“Oh, well …” she stammered for something nice to say, “that’s good.”
“What, you think a porter isn’t a good job? Well, yeah, you’re right, but it pays the bills. This was my first shot spinning at a club. I don’t want to be a porter for the rest of my life, but right now I need to survive while I pursue my dream.”
Sadie nodded. This kid was not only mature, but he was responsible too. He had a good head on his shoulders. He wasn’t like most of the young men his age. Andrew was serious about himself, and he had goals.  It reminded her of when she was his age; determined and goal-oriented. Her failures were due to the bad men she let into her life. By the time she ended up seeing Dustin, she was totally dependent on him. She really had lost her way.
“That’s really good. You always had a good head on your shoulders.”
“Well, I got it from you. You taught me to have a goal in life, and to put my mind to making it a reality. I never forgot that.”
He’s really going places. I can’t believe he remembered me telling him that.
“That is really good.” Sadie nodded her approval. “I always knew you were going to be one of those guys who make it.”
“Yeah,” he gave her a half-grin. “I am.”
She detected something in Andrew. “What’s wrong? You don’t sound so enthusiastic.”
Andrew denied it. “Ah, it’s nothing.” He nodded at the waiter who was bringing over two plates of food. “Besides, the food’s arrived. Let’s eat.”
Sadie knew something was wrong. That kind of grin indicated a little disappointment, but since Andrew didn’t want to talk about it, Sadie wouldn’t press him. Why ruin a good time?



Thank you for stopping by.

Be sure to check out my peoples below:



5 comments:

  1. I'm really curious now. I want to know what's wrong. Great taster

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting snip from the middle of a story. I want to know more about their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teacher student relationship between Andrew and Sadie is highly believable and a real to life bond. I love your dialogue. And what is the significance of his grin? I am interested to see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teacher student relationship between Andrew and Sadie is highly believable and a real to life bond. I love your dialogue. And what is the significance of his grin? I am interested to see what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hum, that's interesting that he is hiding something. I'm curious to see what it is.

    ReplyDelete