Love Out Of Lust Series

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Trivial Facts About - A Thrill Seeking Relationship by Ray Sostre

Hi. Thanks for stopping by on my blog.

As you can see, March 4th is the release day of my double menage novella A Thrill Seeking Relationship, which I had the privilege to share excerpts and snippets to my story, along with teasers, but who wouldn't want to know some trivial facts about my book?

I have 13 trivial facts about the story you probably never knew about.

You'll be amazed about what went behind my mind when i first wrote the story in 2014.


1. The story was first written in the late summer of 2014, but placed on hold due to my commitment in management. When I left management in November 2014, I picked up the story and went full swing for completion in 2014. I wanted this story to be a real trademark of my work.

2. A Thrill Seeking Relationship wasn’t the official title. In fact, before I began re-writing the story, it was nameless until I decided the story to be fun and adventurous. Upon completion, the story was picked up by Bitten Press, and this will mark the trademark of my writing, regarding no fluffs and fillers. It will also mark as my first menage story. I've written menage scenes, but only in flash fiction excerpts.

3. The story was edited by Elica Stoll, whom I'm proud to announce because she had edited the Love Out Of Lust Series, when I was an indie-author.

4. The characters, Josh and Isabel didn't have last names in the story. The original story was about two recovering sex addicts that get together in a relationship and go on numerous sexual adventures. Since I couldn't find the plot and purpose to the story, I changed it around to where the two are a couple (not sex addicts), and express their sexual adventures in the story.

5. The story was inspired by a real life couple, whose names I won’t mention, but their lifestyle does not reflect the reality of them.

6. Lourdes Rivera, originally, was supposed to be the home-wrecker in the relationship, but I didn't like the way the story was going, and I didn't want to use any realism in the story. My intention was supposed to be an HEA (happily ever after) ending. Had I put this scenario in the story, I would've killed the vibe of the story, in my opinion. I wanted my stories to be playful, and A Thrill Seeking Relationship was intended to be erotic, intimate, and fun, not dramatic.

7. Isabel in the story was supposed to be the jealous type in the end, but I'm glad I never worked it that way. I'm also glad that Isabel and Lourdes remained friends throughout the story, while they expressed their attraction to Josh. I know in reality it's not always that way, but I want to keep it fantasy.

8. In the menage scene (m/f/m), I somewhat struggled between the characters Josh and Demar with Isabel. I didn't want to be like the other menage stories I've read, where the sex scenes seemed limited. I want to get graphically detailed about what went on, while avoiding the cliches like other menage stories. 

9. Originally, in the menage scene (m/f/m), the name of the second male character was Chad Chapman, but I didn't like the creation of the character, and I wanted the menage scene to be interracial all the way. So I created the character that reflected the cool demeanor of the actor, Shemar Moore of Criminal Minds, respectively. Demar Chapman was created and the name sounded so much better.

10. In the menage scene (f/f/m), originally, Josh and Isabel were supposed to meet at an erotic gallery event they were invited to by Lourdes. Since the scene didn't pan out well, I omitted the story and created a very fun, erotic environment like Times Square and the strip club on 8th Avenue in NYC.

11. While writing the f/f/m scene was the easiest, and I love writing it a lot. I enjoyed learning how to write a m/f/m scene, and I will continue to do so in the future.

12. In the scene where Josh shows an elderly woman a condominium at the famous Ansonia Building, originally, Josh was supposed to show an elderly man the place, but the character didn’t set well with the story, so I deleted him and created the elderly woman in the story.

13. While the story involves swinging and multiple partners, none of my characters uses any condoms. I intended to put it that way, since there were too many authors using realism in their story, and lacking the creativity of making an erotic story enjoyable. I also intended to rebel against the critics about using condoms in the story. However, in real life, I am a firm believer in using condoms, if you choose to live this lifestyle.


Ray Sostre

Be on a lookout for A Thrill Seeking Relationship 

on


I promise not to disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment