Love Out Of Lust Series

Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Top 20 Hip Hop, R&B, and Electronica Joints of 2014.

Happy New Years. It's finally here! 2015, and I'm going to showcase a list of all my favorite joints of 2014, because it was an influential year to remember.

Number 20


Martin Garrix - Animals. This track kept sinking in my mind from 2013, and it rocked on through early 2014.

Number 19


Jason Derulo featuring 2 Chains - Talk Dirty To Me

Another Track that rocked the party from 2013 into early 2014. Great track!

Number 18




Sage the Gemini feat Iamsu - Gas Pedal

Slow down, grab the wall, wiggle it like it just fell off. One of my favorite tracks from 2013 and into 2014. Still enjoy nodding my head to it. The video's sex, and the sound is always trippy, in damn good way.

Number 17




Ferreck Dawn & Redondo - Love Too Deep

From the summer of 2014, I was intrigued by this song. The video also reminds me living in NYC in the early 1990s with the fashion, but the kids here were probably born in the 1990s, LOL. Even the house track stays in my mind well.

Number 16




Rayven Justice - Hit Or Nah

This track I was an instant hit in my book, since I love R&B sounds in that style. Very smooth and erotic. Definitely a hit for the summer of 2014.

Number 15




Kid Ink feat Chris Brown - Show Me

This track was produced by DJ Mustard. If you don't know who he is, he's the one who says on his track Put It On The Beat. The beat was very easygoing and smooth. Truly a hip hop n' R&B joint worth hearing anywhere.

Number 14




Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness (Remix Version)

In the spring of 2014, I didn't really care for the song, and this song almost didn't make it in the charts, but it did, because it grew on me. And when I saw the music video, I was intrigued, but I like the remix version of the song. The original was too sad for me.

Number 13




Bobby Shmurda - Hot Nigga

Okay, this track really caught my eye. I love music where it could be danceable and hood rich.
The video sucks, but I can't ignore this track. It was the hottest track in the summer of 2014. I also learned the remixes by Remy Ma, French Montana, Fabolous, and much more.

Number 12




Gorgon City feat MNEK - Ready for Your Love

I heard this track in the winter of 2014, and I really love the vibe of this song. The beat defined it as an AfterDark Moment.

Number 11




M.I.A. - Double Bubble Trouble

Of course, this was off the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum Commercial, but this track was out
in late 2013 and it's one of my favorite tracks to listen to throughout 2014.

Number 10




Mally Mall feat. IAMSU, French Montana, & Chinx Drugz

This is for the hot girls. Go ahead, heat it up don't stop girl! What?
Definitely a track I discovered in the summer of 2014. I love this track and the video; both sexy and hyphy!

By the way, did I mention about the sexy, voluptuous, thick chicks on here. YUM!

Number 9




Steve Aoki - feat Waka Flocka Flame - Rage The Night Away

This jam has been around since the spring of 2014, but it got hotter than the summer.
One of the hottest dance track I could keep listening to any time on my phone.

Number 8




Iggy Azalea feat. XCX - Fancy

Okay, to be honest, when I heard this track in the late winter and early spring of 2014, I wasn't intrigued, but this was another track that grew on me, and drew my curiosity to see the video. Talk about 1990s Deja-Vu. Really good track, and Iggy was no one-hit wonder. She's worked with T.I., DJ Mustard, Jennifer Lopez, and several other artists. And yes, I find her way better than Nikki Minaj - I find her more real than Nikki.

Number 7




Calvin Harris - Summer

This track was a huge departure from his previous in 2012 & 2013, but this track sat equally well throughout the middle of 2014.

Great song!

Number 6




Mr. Probz - Waves (Robin Schulz Remix)

Wow, this is the most tranquil house song throughout 2014. When I first heard this track in in the spring of 2014, I was turned on to this song from the get-go. This was another track I could listen over and over again, because it was mellow and tranquil. Oh yeah, and the video is that way too.

Number 5




Keisza - Hideaway

OMG, when I heard this track first appearing in February 2014, on an internet-based station Energy 98. I had to find this song and keep it on my phone. This song rocked! I love the beat and instrumentals! It took me back to the 1990s when house music threw that vibe, but overall this track inspired me to finish up an erotic novel About The Night Ride Home, and yes this song is a muse to the story. This track will mark history.

Number 4




B.o.B feat Chris Brown - Throwback

This song has been around since 2013, from the album Underground Luxury, but this track, yes, was overplayed often on my phone and YouTube.

Number 3




50 Cent feat Trey Songz - Smoke

50 Cent came back to his roots with this song Smoke. The video was exotic, but unfortunately 50 Cent & Trey Songz didn't appear on this track. The female in the video was something else. And this track is an inspiration to my Love Out Of Lust Series.

Number 2




YG feat Drake - Who Do You Love?

From the spring of 2014, YG, Drake, and along with DJ Mustard, who produced this track kept my ears interested in this track more. I fucking love it! Even the video rocked!

Number 1




August Alsina feat B.o.B and Yo Gotti - Numb

This is by far my favorite track for the year 2014. Why? The song has a melody I can replay in my head over and over, LOL. Plus the video has women in lingerie (my weakness), and I could relate to the video about coming home faded. When I think of 2014, I will think of this song. And this track was also produced by DJ Mustard. WTG! You're the man who's produced a lot of tracks too.


See you guys in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment