Love Out Of Lust Series

Friday, December 12, 2014

Flash Fiction Friday - 12/12/2014: Limbo Painting

It's that time again -- Flash Fiction Friday,
a place where authors provide a snippet in 100 words.

Here is my flash for the day.


Darla was getting impatient. She saw Tyler staring at this painting for too long.

Tyler, what is so special about it? It’s nothing more but a woman suspended in mid air.”

Tyler gave an unfeeling response, “That’s the worst part of this picture – being in limbo; not ever knowing whether you’ll rise or fall, but you stay stagnant.”

Darla stood next to him and studied the photo. “I get it, you feel trapped.”

“But seriously, don’t you think it’s one of the worse ways to suffer.”

Darla rolled up her eyes. “That’s it, no more weed for you, Tyler. Let’s go.”


Thanks for stopping by.

Be sure to check out my peoples below:

7 comments:

  1. Oh, so cute. I thought this was going in the insightful direction an it went funny. Sure it wasn't hashish? Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this going to make a rift between them? Is she the one trapping him? You've raised my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't expecting that last line, but it made me wonder if these two have differences coming between them. Intriguing flasher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it! I don't think Tyler needs weed to be able to get that sense of being trapped, very moving. Loved that ending though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Very playful and I wonder what Darla will do with Tyler? Will she buy the painting maybe, will she make changes to her relationship? Love the twist at the end. Great flash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Too cute. I knew he was trying to tell her she was trapping him (in his own subtle way), and all of a sudden you took us back to the weed-inspired depth of youth :-D Love it!

    ReplyDelete