Love Out Of Lust Series

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday Taster - 07/10/2014: About The Night Ride Home

Welcome to another segment of Thursday Tasters

In this segment, it's a bit short and simple. It's based off my WIP About The Night Ride Home - an erotic romance story about a man Tyler who rides home with an alluring woman - Darla, and develops a relationship together.

In this segment, Tyler meets up with Charlie - Darla's ex, and Charlie is pouring her heart out to Tyler about Darla.

Read below:
This manuscript is in rough draft


Then Tyler asked, “So, I’m wondering where is it that you said you messed up the relationship? It sounds more to me that you two started growing apart.”
“Darla worked her ass off. She was supporting her and I, while I was out partying. I tried keeping a job, but I fucked a lot of that shit up. At first, I thought she was just nagging me about pulling some weight, but I did a lot of fucking around that I didn’t have to do. She was there for me, when I lost my job as a caterer, got arrested, and some other shit. You get to know what you really lost when she’s no longer around.”
“Charlie, don’t think it’s the end of the world. I’m sure there will be another one for you. I take it that you realized your mistake.”
“Yeah, but whoever it is, she won’t be anything like Darla; she was a one-of-a-kind.” 

Thanks for stopping by. 
Please be sure to check out my peoples below:


4 comments:

  1. Her confessions bode well for Tyler. Does Tyler already know how good Darla is? Tyller is a good listener too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pouring of the heart out is so sincere and the sense of loss so tangible. Lessons have definitely been learned. Great work Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your taster. Sounds to me that Darla is irreplaceable

    ReplyDelete