Love Out Of Lust Series

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday Tasters - 05/15/2014: About The Night Ride Home, Chapter 1

Hey guys, this is my first post of Thursday Teasers, 
where writers showcase their excerpts no more than 400 words

In this segment, I'm going to showcase the re-work of About The Night Ride Home. This was a novel I wrote back in 2011, and decided to re-write in 2012. It is longer, and I'm making it more interesting.

Of course, this work is edited by Annabelle Crawford, and I truly thank her for making my story come to more life than ever. 

For those who've followed my Darla Loves Tyler snippets. I'm re-creating this novel to show you all how to people fell in love and were made for each other.

This is a scene where Darla finally sees his place. His roommate moved out and Darla was trying to hide from a person she didn't want to bump into, but she does something fun and brazen to spark something between them.

These are my two favorite characters to write about. Check out the blurb below.

Tyler was just a man who lived his average life, until he met someone that made him feel unusual. But there was a secret Darla was hiding, and an intention for her own gain, and when her secret came out Tyler distanced himself, leaving Darla to regret her actions. Two years later, they meet under different circumstances and they'll have to live together. Their friendship soon grows, but will they develop in a relationship of a lifetime?


“With a romantic view like this, I don’t blame you.” She tiptoed away from the kitchen window as she slipped out of her dress and placed it on one of the lounge chairs. “So what’s up with you sleeping on the futon? Doesn’t it ever hurt your back?”

“Not at all,” he replied as he carried the two glasses of wine from his kitchen to the balcony. Tyler stopped halfway to the balcony and nearly dropped both glasses of wine. Darla was standing – outside on the balcony – half-naked, and posing like some modern-day Venus. He stood transfixed; this was the first time he’d actually seen her figure. Not only was her face beautiful, but her body was stunning. Darla seemed to be put together just right; at least his just right. She wasn’t too short, and she wasn’t too busty. Just right. Then he suddenly realized they were in public! What if the neighbors saw her like this. “Darla, what are you doing?”

“You told me to make myself at home.” She stepped forward to take both glasses of wine from his numb hands. She kissed him softly, “Thanks, I hope you don’t mind me… making myself at home.”

He couldn’t think of anything to say to that, but a flash of lightning followed by a thunderous boom caught both of their attention, and she laughed with delight. “Oh my god, did you see that?” she asked with an amazed look. “It’s beautiful. We should do it right here. Right now. Here in the storm.”

“Do it in the storm?” he asked apprehensively.

“Uh huh,” she nodded, sipping her wine. “I love the view out here, and being with you at a moment like this makes me so...” She inhaled deeply, “Mmm... horny.” She narrowed her eyes hungrily, “Tyler, I’ve always wanted to do it in a rain storm; take off your clothes.”

 “Darla! You’re not kidding, are you?”

She shook her head, “Nope. Now don’t be such a puss; take off your clothes.” She finished her wine, and set the empty glass back on the table. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the neck. “Sweetie, what are you waiting for? I wanna fuck in the storm.” Granted, it was a dirty word, but she made it even dirtier he thought as she pressed her body against his. She’d given him an invitation to take her, and she wasn’t taking no for an answer.

Hey guys, thank you for checking out my excerpt. 
Please be on the lookout for more of Darla Loves Tyler. 
About The Night Ride Home is schedule for release in 2015.

Be sure to check out my peoples below:

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the read. So glad you've joined us on Thursdays.

    My favorite line:
    at least his just right

    Such a sweet line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot scene Ray, I like the idea of making out in the storm! Really exciting and impulsive!

    ReplyDelete