Love Out Of Lust Series

Friday, May 17, 2013

Hop Against Homophobia And Transphobia



Homophobia/Transphobia is a term where people only fear what they can’t understand. People like them will have a harder time to change, and left behind in this world, because they don’t want to adapt to the idea the world has changed for bigotry and intolerance. They want the world to be according to what they were led to believe.

 

When my cousin came out of the closet in the early 1990’s, she admitted that she was a lesbian and her attraction for women was acceptable to me, but not as much as to my family. I’m not sure what were their initial reactions to my cousin’s outing, but I didn’t treat her differently. She is my closest cousin, and I still love her no matter what.

 

To be different from someone else shouldn’t have to be led into shame. My cousin has had the attraction to women for a long time, and I was comfortable about it. Partly, because I was the black sheep and I knew what it was like to be looked down upon for being totally different – it could be pretty painful to your self-esteem.

 

Homophobia and Transphobia can be defeated through knowledge and understanding, not through ignorance. In a world I grew up in, the 1990’s, I have seen such changes come a long way for tolerance, and while we’re not far away to equality and justice, there is much work to be done for end this cycle of hate.

 

I, Ray Sostre, the erotic romance author, and founder of AfterDark Online will always stand firm to fight against homophobia and transphobia. Being different from someone else shouldn’t have to lead to shame, it should be learned and understood how different cultures make up a society. I’m a straight man, and I’m proud to show my tolerance and support for others that are different than me. If a white man and a black man can learn about each other, I think a straight person and gay person can learn to live on the same neighborhood without prejudice.
 
 
 
Now to the lucky commenter on my commentary, I will be doing a giveaway of my latest lesbian erotic romance -- "Her Angela & Protection: In The Beginning". All you have to do is enter your name and email address, and leave a comment on my blog.
 
 
 
 

Please to prevent spammers sending all sorts of email, enter: youraddress(at)domain(dot)com. For example: anarchy0029(at)gmail(dot)com
 
 
Help spread the word for a International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.
 


7 comments:

  1. i bet your cousin is so happy to have your support

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for responding. Allow me to send you a free copy of my f/f story "Her Angela & Protection."

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to stop by to thank you for taking part in the hop =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating Ray, and for sharing about your cousin.

    tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post. I usually read M/M but would definetely like to try out a F/F novel.

    peggy1984 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking part in the hop!
    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete