Love Out Of Lust Series

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dawne Prochilo Guest Blogs for The AfterDark World

Author, blog-guru, and best-selling author Dawne Prochilo guest blogs today on The AfterDark World about something very interesting -  something full of life and delight - better yet, voluptuous!



Curvy and proud? Voluptuous and curvaceous?

Most heroines in romance novels have the perfect body. They have all the right curves, in all the right places. In reality, how many women are bodies like that? And, what is the perfect body?

The perfect body is in the eye of the beholder. Nothing more. Nothing less.

In the last six months or so, I have seen more romance authors recognizing this fact AND acting on it. More and more well-rounded heroines are popping up on pages in print and on e-readers. I applaud authors becoming aware of this veracity.

When I first wrote Callie’s Way (my second attempt at writing an F/F), I already had the series, The Voluptuous Women’s Club (The V.W. Club) formulated. Every heroine in this four book series would be of above average size. Curvy hips, ample breasts and more to love. It felt great writing about heroines that I partially portrayed after myself. I am not a large (according to the official BMI calculator, I am just right) and according to the special man in my life, I am just right.

Without revealing my actual weight, let’s just say, I am perfectly fine with the way I look and my appearance. Many women are ‘hung up’ on their weight and appearance and all I can say is… this parlays over into our fiction heroine awareness factor. What we may not have in real life, we want to read about in our romance novels.

I have to disagree though. I am voluptuous and proud. I am curvaceous and confident.

After Dark Online feels the same way. Founder and owner, Ray Sostre has been having semi-monthly contests and coming up later this summer is the Proud and Curvy contest.
So, sharpen those pencils, charge that laptop battery and get to writing about fun-loving woman of ‘perfect proportion’.

Buy Link
Callie’s Way- Amazon

2 comments:

  1. thank you for having me today Ray and I look forward to many more collaborations with you and ADO.

    Dawne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience in romance tells me that readers are more interested in what the man looks like than the woman. They want a woman with moxie, not a wimp and what they want to read about is the relationship between the two, regardless of whether or not the heroine wears a size six.

    Great post, Dawne. I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete