Love Out Of Lust Series

Monday, May 7, 2012

AfterDark's Interview with Ashlynn Monroe

The AfterDark World is pleased to interview someone from a paranormal point of view. Author Ashlynn Monroe joins us for a cocktail moment about her release of her upcoming book Naughty Hot Shots – Love Bite. Also, don’t forget to comment on her interview, the selected comment will receive a free eBook of her upcoming release.



1. Ashlynn, thank you for the opportunity. Please, why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m a married mom with two kids.  My daughter is ten and my son is seven, they keep me busy.  I work outside of the home and write so my life is never dull.  I’m an avid reader and I love science fiction movies.  My guilty pleasure is paranormal TV shows, but I don’t have much time for that these days.  I love camping and biking.  We live in Wisconsin and the natural beauty of the area is a blessing.  I enjoy playing video games with my kids. We have two very naughty cats. I’m about as average as can be, my writing is my only “interesting” fact.


2. How long have you been writing and when did you think this genre was right for you?

I’ve been writing since my teens, but I didn’t serious consider finding a publisher until I was thirty.  I’ve been published since 2010.  The stuff I wrote in my teens was romance, and science fiction or paranormal stuff.  I had a grandmother who gave me Harlequins by the garbage bag full.  I grew up in the country so I didn’t have access to the library or cable; I’ve had romance on the brain since I was twelve.  I would never let me kids read the books I read at that age. 


3. Now to my understanding, you have written a number of paranormal books. How many  of them have you written so far? 

 I write in a bunch of genres.  All together, I have over 50 works length ranging from 5,000 words to 60,000 words published or contracted.  I’m not sure how many are specifically paranormal, but all of them are fun!  I write many science fiction erotica, paranormal in heat from YA to erotica, and I’ve even written steampunk.



4. How does your family and friends feel about the genre you write?

Well my kids are too young to know exactly what I write.  They just know mom types a lot and none of the keyboards in the house still shows all the letters.  I’ve worn out a lot of them!  My spouse never liked books until I was published. Now he’s hooked on books.  My family has been wonderfully supportive.  My friends feel traumatized that sweet little me could write such hot stuff.  I do have some YA, but most of my work is adult rated.


5. Is there a particular genre you haven’t touched, but you would be interested in doing?

I write what I enjoy so far I haven’t been afraid to try new genres.  I have a great technopunk idea, but it has to wait while I keep rolling with all the work I am commited to first.


6. About your latest book Naughty Hot Shots – Love Bite, tell us about your book?

I love doing short stories, and this is a hot one.  The story is about a vampire who secretly wants to be dominated, and a vampiress he discarded long ago does the job.  It’s a story with a bit of revenge.  It’s very hardcore and violent.  This book is for mature audiences.  Fun fact in Japan you have to be 20 to read my books but in the US, you only have to be 18.

7. What inspired you to write this story?

I’ve always loved vampires and these characters wanted me to write them this way.


8. Are there any upcoming projects that you’re working on?

Oh boy…too many!  I don’t have any specifically with NNP right now, but I have a couple of series going full steam and I’m writing my first looooonnnngggg novel.  Did I mention it’s long?  The story is very erotic.

9. What was the toughest project you ever faced, but was proud of the accomplishment?

Every piece of writing has its own individual challenges. My full-length novel has been a challenge due to time.  Every story—long or short—makes me proud.

10. Cocktail Moment: If there were a drink of your kind, what would it be (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?

I’m from Wisconsin so I’ve been enjoying beer and wine since I was young.  I love alcohol in moderation.  I actually drink a unique drink in the summer.  I mix half a can of light beer with half a can of diet cherry 7-UP.  It sounds terrible but it’s good and you can drink more without feeling tipsy.  It’s very refreshing and low calorie.

11. Is there a trivial thing that you would like to share about yourself?

I collect fairy figurines and I’m terrified of snakes.  I don’t even like the rubber toy snakes kids play with.

12. What advice would you give to others, especially those who are just starting out?

Write…a lot!  I’ve had so many friends and family members tell me they’d like to write a book.  I’ve even had people ask me to write the book for them!  No one can tell your story but you.  Write everyday even if it’s 100 words.  Set a small goal.  Start out writing short stories, you’ll learn a lot and build a readership while you learn.  Enjoy creating and don’t worry about what others will think of you.  Establish a friend base on Facebook, twitter, and other social networks.  Learn from people who’ve done this before.  Don’t get a big head and don’t slam other authors.  Be genuine and you’ll do great.  Always be open and available to your readers. 

13. Where can people find your books, including your upcoming?

You can find a full of my publishers on my website http://www.ashlynnmonroe.com My books are on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, the publishers direct sites, and many other awesome eBook retailers such as All Romance eBooks.  Some of my books are in print and audio book too.


14. Lastly, where can people also follow you? (Social network sites, blogs, websites, etc.)

My blog is on my website http://www.ashlynnmonroe.com

Ms. Monroe, thank you so much for joining us for an interview. I do hope to have you around in the future, and good luck on your release.

Thank you so much for having me here Ray!


BLURB:

This story is a unique paranormal romance about an alpha male vampire whose secret need for domination is fulfilled years later by the woman he discards.

Descriptive tale with BDSM elements, male submission and female domination.


EXCERPT:

The slap of a whip and the moan each impact elicited from the victim were the only sounds in Jubal’s special cellar. Once the cellar stood filled with wine, dust, and cobwebs. However, it served to ease his boredom now. He loved watching his protégé in action. His cock stood half erect as he watched the handsome young man beaten for his visual pleasure by his young fledging vampiress. Her long, pale blond hair had a few flecks of rust colored blood splattered in it. Her ample breasts swayed nakedly and she wore a tight, short leather skirt she’d created herself, which barely covered her luscious ass. She’d been a gift from his friend Gregor during Jubal’s trip to France to reunite with old friend a decade ago. The pretty, azure eyes pleaded for mercy before he’d dined, so Jubal made the girl his apprentice. She was a fast learner.
Jubal smiled as her lash delicately slapped the man’s balls and he flinched, crying out. Faye dropped to her knees in front of her injured pet and began lapping at the blood collecting on the weeping man’s testicles.
Jubal would tell her to stop, if the man was weeping for fear or pain, but his hard cock and begging for the lash let Jubal know the tears were pure joy. This nameless human knew the ecstasy of the lash, wanting all the sweet dedicated vampiress could deliver.
When the man’s genitals were clean, Faye stood and kissed him tenderly on the mouth. She stepped back to look at him, as if she was studying him. Stretched widely, like an X, the man hung from the ceiling by chains, completely nude and exposed. Faye stepped forward to kiss him again, biting his lip and sucking the wound. He cried out.
Jubal could see more drops of pre-cum dripping from her prisoner’s cock. Her pet bore scars from Faye’s love bites all over his body. His skin had a sickly, pale yellow hue. It was time they healed this pet so another might please the vicious needs of his beloved apprentice.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Ashlynn...snakes are the worst and so are bats- lol

    Great interview and congrats on the newest release

    dawne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Dawne! Bats are creepy! Rats with wings yuck.

    ReplyDelete