Love Out Of Lust Series

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Man's World Interview with Steve Tindle

We are happy to kick off “A Man’s World Interview Month” from a gentleman with such great style to romance and suspense, also great erotic scenes. Author Steve Tindle, the co-author of books The Best Lover’s In Town, Temptation Triggers, Black and White Affair, Triangle of Secrets, and many more shares a cocktail moment with AfterDark Online and about his latest releases and trivial things.



1. Steve, what a pleasure to have you on. I understand your birthday is coming up, so I want to first wish you a happy birthday, but before we go on, why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I co-write with Brenda Woody. It's interesting that my birthday is 3/5 and Brenda's is 5/3 of the same year. I first met Brenda in high school, having some of the same classes.

2. How long have you been writing and when did you decide writing this genre was for you?

30 years after high school I was looking for old friends because a reunion was being planned. Brenda was also searching and found me on MySpace. We started talking in 2008 through IM, then eMails, and finally exchanged cell phone numbers. We talked about our past and dreams of the future. We started writing together in 2008 after talking about our ‘Bucket List’.

3. It is not often to find a happy couple working together on their stories. One in particular is Best Lover in Town. Who’s idea was it to work on the story, and where did the inspiration come from?

We both wanted to be published and Brenda sent me a two page story she had written a few years before. As I read her story, I thought it would be interesting to make it erotic. We discussed the idea and Best Lover in Town was born. We had both heard the stories about how long it would take to get published and all the rejection letters we would receive, but we had a contract within four weeks of sending out our manuscript.

4. How does your family and friends feel about your work?

I've had mixed reviews from family and friends. Some love it the way it is while others say they would have loved it if we had left the sex out and just wrote love stories.

5. Is there a particular genre you haven’t touched, but would be interested in doing?

I have been asked to write about how Brenda and I got together 30 years after high school. We might tackle it once we are better known as authors.


6. Something Extra: Is there anything trivial you wish to share to your readers about yourself?

Brenda and I had been missing each other over the course of our lives until we finally got together. We were both in Europe at different times. We were within 15 miles of each other in Arkansas and didn't know it until after we got together. We both lived in the same town in Oklahoma at different times, and we worked in the same store at the same time and never saw each other; probably because I had a red suit on and a white beard. LOL We was destined to be together.

7. Have you done any solo projects in the past?

No. Brenda and I started writing together and will always write together. It's one of the things that keep us strong: communication. We talk about everything and research is always fun between us.

8. Tell us about your book, Rainie’s Lake, in a short synopsis?
Taking a long over due vacation, Art Instructor, Dylan Bishop is eager to start his trip to the cabin in the mountains. When he saw the photo online with the rental ad, he knew this was his destination. Being drawn to the lake nestled behind the cabin with a private dock, Dylan hopes to regain his inspiration to paint.

His vacation takes an erotic turn when he meets Rainie Marks on a foggy morning by the dock. She is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. However, there is sadness and a mystery about her. Finding his inspiration, he sketches her one evening and unable to resist the passion that has sparked between them, Rainie and Dylan share a sensual night together.

When Rainie tells him the truth about her past and the lake, the mystery she hides unfolds. The key to everything is the lake. Will Dylan be able to help her put the past to rest?

9. What inspired you and Brenda to write Rainie’s Lake?

A fellow author friend of ours had a basic idea about a lake house she didn't know what to do with. Brenda and I expanded the idea to write Rainie's Lake. Every time I write with Brenda, we inspire each other by bouncing off the others' thoughts.

10. Do you have any upcoming projects that you wish to share?

We have two books we are attempting to complete this year; Scarlett's Cowboy and Triangle of Secrets, Book 2. Both books are being anticipated by our fans.

11. What was one of the toughest projects you have ever faced, but was proud of the accomplishment?

 We have five projects published; each had their tough problems that we overcame. I think the hardest was Rainie's Lake not because of the writing or editing, but because we worked on it during our recent move from Dallas to Georgia. Finding time to write with all the hassles of packing and unpacking made this project the hardest to complete.

12. What advice would you give to other writers, especially to those starting out?

Write what you know and don't allow others to burst your dream. Find a mentor to help you write, edit, and publish your manuscript. Most authors will be honored to help you, but don't waste their time. Listen to what they tell you, learn from their mistakes and ride on their coat tails.

13. Lastly, where can people follow you (i.e. social networks, blogs, websites, etc.)
Our links:




Purchase sites:

All books on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/3da3vkb



Xcite Books


Time for some trivial questions...

14. Cocktail Moment: If there was a drink of your kind, what would it be (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?

I normally drink tea, water, and coffee. My alcoholic drink of choice is Crown Royal Black neat. I keep a bottle in the freezer so it's ready whenever I am.

15. Your Day Off: If you could take a day off from your normal activity, how would you spend it?

I rarely get a day off from my normal activities. If I do, emails get backed up and it takes me longer to weed through all the things I missed the day before. If I did take a day off of my choosing I would stay in bed with Brenda for 24 hours.

16. Favorite Man Food: It’s your day off and you wake up at 10AM, describe your kind of brunch?

10AM would be the middle of the night for us since we typically don't get to bed before 4AM. We usually don't eat a meal until 7PM; although we did get up early the other day for an oyster roast.

17. Something Extra: Is there anything trivial you wish to share to your readers about yourself?

Brenda and I had been missing each other over the course of our lives until we finally got together. We were both in Europe at different times. We were within 15 miles of each other in Arkansas and didn't know it until after we got together. We both lived in the same town in Oklahoma at different times, and we worked in the same store at the same time and never saw each other; probably because I had a red suit on and a white beard. LOL We was destined to be together.

Mr. Tindle, I had an awesome time interviewing you and it’s always a pleasure getting to know you. I want to wish you a happy birthday, and I hope to see you on here again. Thank you so much!



Dylan wakes up with the sheets tangled around his legs. Both pillows are tossed about the bed and the comforter is on the floor.
Rainie is gone.
Grabbing the sheets away, he sits on the edge, running his fingers through his hair. When did she leave? I must have slept hard to not hear her get up. Putting on his jeans, he quickly heads to the kitchen to look out the window, frantically searching the shoreline. Relieved, he sees her by the dock. Opening the back door, he shivers as the cold air hits his chest; ignoring it, he calls out to her.
“Rainie, it’s freezing out here. Come on up.”
She turns around and walks toward the deck. “You’re going to freeze to death if you don’t put more clothes on.”
“I’ll put more on if you come in for coffee.” He opens the door wider. As Rainie brushes past him, he inhales the lavender scent from her hair, reminding him of last night. “Well, we can take off our clothes once I build a fire and repeat last night.”
“Last night?”
“Yes, and I forgot to thank you for such a pleasurable night.” Shutting the door, Dylan reaches for her coat. “I’ll get the fire started and make coffee right quick.”
Rainie stares into the flames as he hands her a cup and places his on the coffee table. “I’ll go put on a shirt. It’ll be a while before the room warms up.” Noticing the distant look in her eyes, he takes her hand. “Are you all right?”
Smiling, she squeezes his hand. “Yes, hurry back.”
Rainie open up to me, please. My heart aches when you are sad.
As he walks from the bedroom, buttoning his shirt, the scene before him slams into his heart.
Sitting on the floor in front of the fire, she holds her cup tightly in her hands while rocking slowly back and forth. The heat from the flames has kissed her face, causing a pinkish glow on her cheeks. Something is bothering her. Grabbing his cup off the table and settling beside her, he leans over and pushes his shoulder affectionately against hers.
Nuzzling his nose close to her ear, he whispers, “A penny for your thoughts.”
Smiling, she closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and shifts her body to face him. “Dylan, what I’m about to tell you may seem far fetched, but please listen and keep an open mind. Others who have stayed here did not believe me.”
“I’ve been waiting for you to tell me why you got upset while we were out in the boat. Wait. Just how many others?”
“No one like you. Meaning, I haven’t been with anyone else. For years, I’ve tried to get someone to listen.”
 “I’m all ears, Rainie.” Leaning back on his elbows and stretching out his legs, he gives her his undivided attention.
She sighs, her eyes begging for understanding.

2 comments:

  1. *sneaking up behind Steve, tracing a nail around his ear then a nibble to his neck before taking a seat beside him and Ray*

    ....nice interview guys! *wink* I learn a little more about this man each time I read an interview of his. I knew his schedule was a little off but those are crazy hours, Hon! LOL I wish you both luck on the success of Rainie's Lake! It's a touching love story for those who haven't downloaded it yet. It's definitely worth the reading time! Their characters will stay with you long after you finish!

    Take care and give your woman a hug for me! Can't wait to see you two in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sitting between Ray and Steve, looks from one to the other, wondering.....ummmmm nevermind!*
    Hi Ray! No comment on the spanking photo? *smirks* Steve had me read his answers before he emailed them. He's a keeper!
    This is a great idea here; featuring the male authors who write erotic and romance. I've noticed more men stepping up to the plate. Male authors have always been stereo-typed in the thriller, spy, sifi and suspense genres. It's refreshing to see them let out their romantic side.
    *leans over and kisses Steve* Hurry home *winks*

    ReplyDelete