Love Out Of Lust Series

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cynthia Arsuaga Guest Blogs for The AfterDark World

Happy Monday everyone! I have one exciting author to begin the week with a great excerpt. Guarantee to get your interest. Meet Cynthia Arsuaga, erotic romance author that can bring spice and flava to the scene. If you haven't checked out her upcoming release on her blog, I think you better. Because I smell love at first site on her upcoming release "A Vampire In Paris

Thanks for having me in your crib, The AfterDark World, Ray. I’ll get right to it. I’m a no-nonsense kind of lady and have no reason to bore your readers with the mundane information about me. The link to my blog and website are below and if are so inclined, can take a hop over to them to learn more about me. Let’s get to the juicy stuff, why don’t we?
I had three releases this month—a short story erotic paranormal (Nightfall: Cassidy’s Fantasy) with various women and the fantasies to indulge in their darkest desires (part of a series, the other installments come out a couple weeks apart), a novella which is part of a Valentine’s anthology called Five Hearts (mine is titled Lost in the Sea of You), and the last that released on Valentine’s Day, A Vampire in Paris. It’s the last one I’m featuring today.
So here goes and I hope everyone enjoys! Oh, and just because Valentine’s is over, you can still give me a little love at the end and leave me a comment telling me if you liked or not. Thanks.

BLURB:
The attraction is instant, but their new found love is tested on the journey to love eternal.
For over two hundred years, London-based security and private investigator, Ramsey Weiss has existed as the quintessential confirmed bachelor. New Years’ Day he is dispatched to Paris, France, to rescue an abducted cosmetics company heiress. In the melee, he butts heads with an unexpected woman.
Camille du Bassin is the head chemist at Institut de Beauté Biologique and her niece has been kidnapped. She teams up with a private security investigator with special skills hired by her brother. The two unlikely pair work together playing a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse not only with each other, but battle an evil ancient vampire determined to take Camille as his consort. Somewhere along the journey, Camille and Ramsey are surprised by the physical attraction that develops between them, denying the attraction.
Just when the two lovers' think their love can be forever...Fate steps in to challenge the power of their love.

EXCERPT:
Bien sur. Je t’adore, mon bébé. Of course, my baby. I adore you.”
“Why are you continuing to speak in French? Trying to impress me, or what?”
“I don’t know. The language of love, I guess. Or maybe because you might know I mean this is real. After a few days with you, I realized there could be such a thing as love at first sight. I adore you, want you and don’t give a bloody damn how old you are. You are sexy, feisty, and the woman I want to spend a lot of years with, if not forever. Enough talking.” He lowered his head poised to capture her lips again.
Merde! This is crazy. You know this is impossible.” She flattened her palms against his chest and pushed away, turning her back to him. “You’re like an old soul trapped in a young man’s body, Ramsey. A romantic? I’m not sure, or maybe you love the chase. One thing I do know is you’re a vampire and will be eternally young, living off blood. I’m not young and you’ll grow tired of me.” She turned to face him again.
His heart beat faster, almost painfully so watching her strain for words to say. She doesn’t want me and is letting me down gently? This must be how C.J. felt when Payton denied him.
She continued to speak, “You should have a gorgeous woman on your arm and in your bed. I can’t ever be that for you.”
Letting her go was not an option. With outstretched arms, he pulled her close against his chest. “Shut up woman and stop over-thinking how you feel. Kiss me.” Then he stifled any more words before they could be spoken, pressing her full and throbbing lips to his own.
Camille moaned into his mouth and then he felt the towel fall from around her, dropping into a pile at his feet. He scooped her into his arms and carried her to the bed, placing her gently on the rumpled down comforter.
Their gazes maintained contact as he situated himself next to her. “Baby, I only want to do this if you desire,” his voice now a rich, velvety tone filled with longing.
“Yes, I want you too, Ramsey, but I’m afraid. Promise you won’t break my heart. I’m getting too old for that kind of pain.”

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having me here today, Ray! Have a naughty day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, I want to say thank you for stopping by. You work was wonderful and I enjoyed your excerpt.

    ReplyDelete