Love Out Of Lust Series

Sunday, January 29, 2012

AfterDark's Interview With Kharisma Rhyane

There is something very unique about this next person I’m interviewing. She’s interesting, funny, cool, and the founder of another up and coming publishing company called No Boundaries Press, Kharisma Rhayne joins AfterDark Online for a cocktail moment and an interview.

Thanks so much for having me here today Ray.

1.      Kharisma, thank you for the opportunity, why don’t you tell us a bit about yourself?

Thanks so much for inviting my Ray.

There’s not too much to tell. I love to write (of course) and I’m a huge nature and fitness fanatic. I love football, MMA and hockey.

2.      How long have you been writing and when did you decide that writing was for you?

I’ve been writing forever. I’ve always love it, as well as reading. A lot of my old writing may never see the light of day—but it’s been a form of release since Jr high. I finally decided to try to publish something last year.

3.      Now to my understanding, you’re a wife, a mom of young children, guest blogger, an author of mostly LGBT stories, and an owner of a publishing company. What is your typical day like and how do you do it?

Well, my day starts really early and goes really late and I do a lot while my older kids are in school and after they go to bed. I tend to average about 3 hours of sleep a night. We live in the middle of nowhere and have rescue dogs as well. The trick is, I have my to do list but I don’t freak out if I can’t manage it. While I love writing and want to make it a full time job that actually pays all the bills, my family is first. So, it tends to work out. What I can’t manage one day seems to eventually work out by the time it has to.

4.      How do your friends and family feel about the work that you do?

Some have no clue about it. Others think it’s really neat and ask me to mention them when I get my first television interview from one of my books being made into a movie. Am I holding my breath for that? No. But it’s nice to think that someone thinks it could actually happen. Other people are a lot more closed-minded about it and think being a writer makes me an awful parent. It’s honestly exactly the opposite. I have a form of release with writing. I also can leave and be with my children at any second they need me without worry of losing a day job. Writing has been the best choice for my family.

5.      Is there a particular genre that you haven’t touched, but would be interested in doing?

My kids have asked me about writing something for them (so child and YA). I’d also love to do some “behind the scenes” type work…like on actual job locations as my kids get older and put those into a book. Something like “A Day in the Life Of…” and then follow around and try out some really cool professions.

6.     2011 had seemed to be a busy year for you, especially at the time when you launched No Boundaries Press. What inspired you to start out your epublishing company?

I honestly didn’t jump right into it. Kaleigha spent about two months trying to convince me it was a good idea and that I’d be good at it. The reason I finally said yes was because we can offer something different. We can offer the business side without being cold. We want our authors to know that we understand that life happens and things come up. That doesn’t mean you aren’t serious about being a writer.
No Boundaries Press also wants to allow a larger percent for the author. While we have overhead costs, especially with our own store front, we still want the actual writer of the book to make most of the profit. They did write it.

We also saw other loop holes in some places we’d submitted to for publication. We don’t believe it’s one publishing company against another. Think of publisher and author harmony – everyone working together. That’s what we want. NBP wants to correct what bothered us and have others do the same. We even have multiple sites where we’ll advertise their new releases and submission calls.

7.      What makes No Boundaries Press different than the rest of the others publishing company. Also where you want to see your company between three to five years from now?

Pretty much our difference is the stuff above. We can be professional without being cut-throat. I’m directly out there with our authors pushing the books and talking in our eloop and on Facebook. I’m just me and not unreachable.

In three to five years we hope to have a good number of wonderful authors that want to continue publishing with us. NBP wants the publisher/author and publisher/reader relationship to be more personal. Email us, let us know what you think. Let us fix something that’s wrong, chat with us on chat days and in eloops. We are also hoping to launch our print line in that time period (or a little less). We don’t want to go with a POD service. So, there’s a little more planning and expense involved.

The biggest thing is we’re looking forward to losing the “baby” publisher status. It seems the rule of thumb for so many is not to trust a publisher that is less than two years old. We’re determined to change their minds.

Finally, we really want our own convention to be one of the largest in Arizona.

8.      Also, I’m amazed at two of your books that were recently published; one, through Rebel Ink Press, Holding On To The Pain, and your latest through No Boundaries Press, Bound By Temptation. Why don’t you tell us about both your books?

Holding on to the Pain comes out February 17 from Rebel Ink Press. It’s book 2 in my Living Deadly Series and my favorite Vampire of all time, the one I created – Xander. Xander is cruel, arrogant and a number of other things. As time goes on, he will change and rediscover himself over and over again. I mean, when you live forever, what else is there to do? In book two, he starts to create his own army of Vampire Warriors. I wonder what they’ll think up for book three.

Here’s the unofficial blurb:

Xander steps into his new life as the very first Vampire. His desire for war and killing only increases and his conscience is non-existent. The only thing close to that desire is his need for women. He lusts after them even more than he had as a human.

At time passes, humans become toys for him to meddle in the affairs of. Xander finally finds warriors worth turning into his companions. He begins to create a force of mass destruction -- a force of only the best Greek warriors turned Vampire. His undead elite army. 

Bound by Temptation is book one in a male/male series. These are set to be short encounters that focus more on the act of sex. Several readers have asked for a full length on this one. Nigel is a professional football player but keeps his partner hidden away (although very well cared for and definitely very satisfied). Why the secrets?

Here’s the blurb:

Nigel is a professional sports player with a wonderful boyfriend at home. Their sex is always hot and Lance is always willing to do whatever it takes to keep Nigel happy. But, what has Nigel been hiding?

9.      What inspired you to write Holding On To the Pain and Bound By Temptation?

Holding on to the Pain was the logical next step after Oh the Pain. Xander just cried out to be a series. Originally, when I started this “concept” several years ago, Xander was set to be a ten book series focusing on him and his run through immortal life. I wanted a Vampire I could relate to. A picture of how I saw Vampires to be. I don’t see them as internally good and moral. Although, when you’re immortal, you’re bound to go through spurts of it…but it’s not a forever thing. So, I wanted my Vampire, my way.
Bound by Temptation was written, honestly, to get the sex out of my brain. I struggle mostly with the stuff in books around the sex. I have a m/f series that’s the same—short encounters. Then, I got to thinking about how I want a short read. Something I can finish at night before bed and get through the entire story. I’m not always in the mood for something I have to keep putting down and picking back up. So, this created what is Bound by Temptation (scheduled to be a 15 book series).

10.  Do you have any upcoming projects that you are working on?

I have so many, it’s not even funny. I’m, of course, working on the next books in Bound by Temptation, Living Deadly and Bound by Seduction. I’m also working on Book 1 in a Viking Series, a Splatterpunk Series, a Highlander Series and a Paranormal Romance Series. There’s also No Boundaries Press and our schedule for the first quarter of 2012. We have some really great authors and some releases I can’t wait for.
In addition, I have a contributor blog, Erotic Diaries that will be expanding this year. As well as a new contributor blog for ALL genres called Write Your Way. I think combining the genres and talent will be beneficial to all the authors we decide to work with. Also, I’ve noticed a huge lack of places to promote for certain genres.

We’re also ion progress on a brand new reader’s loop. Readers Wanted has a blog, facebook page and eloop. The idea is to not allow readers to get bombarded with just promo after promo. Also, with this concept, it allows writers to promo their work and know it’s not going straight to other authors and their mass delete options. There will be upcoming author awards, cover art awards and more.


11.  Cocktail Moment: If there was a drink of your kind, what would it be? (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)

Oh I am a tequila girl – no training wheels.


12.  Is there a trivial thing you would like your readers know about you?

Honestly, I’m actually really boring. I love my kids and my dogs and whatever I do is done around their needs.


13. What advice would you give to other writers, especially to those starting out?

It’s pretty typical probably, but don’t give up. Accept criticism and ideas gracefully. No one’s out to get you. They are honestly trying to help.
14.  Lastly, where can people find you? (i.e. social network sites, blogs, websites, etc.)

I’m on my blog, Kharisma Rhayne Books (series and other book updates), Twitter and on Facebook Here & Here.

You can find No Boundaries Press on Twitter @NoBoundariesPre, on the blog, at the store and on Facebook.


Kharisma, you are by far one of the most fun people around. I want to wish you luck in your success and I do hope to have on here again?

Aww thanks. As always, you’re too nice. :D And, I’m happy to be any time you’ll have me.

EXCERPT TO NIGEL & LANCE



As much as Lance tried not to respond, he knew fighting it was useless. Every time Nigel touched him his mind turned into mush and his cock got hard. He quit thinking and could only feel Nigel’s hands on his ass, knowing what was coming.
                Giving in, he pushed himself against Nigel, feeling his arousal against his own. He heard a gasp as Nigel leaned over and brushed his lips against his. Realizing it was him that made the sound he knew, without a doubt, their conversation was over.
                As Nigel felt Lance’s body relax, he knew they could enjoy the rest of their day. The conversation was over for now and they could enjoy each other.
                It felt like forever had passed since they were in each other’s arms last night. Surprisingly, the longer they were together, nothing ever got old. Everything stayed new. Nigel desired Lance as much now as he did the first day they met.
                Reaching to the back of his shirt, Nigel pulled it over his head and let it fall to the floor.
Instantly Lance latched onto a pierced nipple with his mouth. He loved Nigel’s bad boy look, the long hair, the pierced nipples and cock, the tattoos. It’s what made Nigel stand out. He had first been attracted to Nigel when he saw the huge dragon tattoo spanning across his back. Well, the muscles didn’t hurt either.
He ran his hand down Nigel’s muscular abs and heard him moan as his hand grazed the top of his cock barely sticking out of the top of the low slung waist. Urged on by the sound, Lance unfastened Nigel’s jeans, pulling them down as he dropped to his knees in front of him.
There was already a drop of precum glistening from the head. Game days were always great sex days. Nigel was overly stimulated and easily aroused.
Looking up at him, Lance licked the drop from Nigel’s rod and worked his hand up and down it.
Impatiently, Nigel grabbed the back of his head and pushed Lance’s mouth onto his cock, wanting him to take it deep. Thankfully, Lance willingly complied; Nigel was not in the mood to play games today. He was the warrior home from battle, needing an outlet for his energies, and Lance always built him up even further before bringing him down into a peaceful oblivion.
                Nigel’s legs started to tremble as Lance sucked his cock and played with his balls.
                Lance pulled away and stood up when he sensed standing was becoming a challenge for Nigel. He grabbed Nigel’s hand and led him into the dining room.
                “We haven’t done it in this room yet. I want you to take me bent over the table,” Lance said in reply to the questioning look on his lover’s face.
                Nigel strokes his own cock. It was clear that this first round was not going to be full of love and foreplay. He wanted Lance and he wanted him now.
                “Take off your clothes and bend over the table.” Nigel knew his voice left no room for options.
                Lance obeyed as he continued to watch Nigel stroke his cock. He walked over to the corner of the table, in front of his badass football player; spread his legs wide, and bent over the table.
                Nigel let out a gush. “Like the view?” Lance couldn’t help but to ask.

You can pick up Nigel & Lance at the following locations:

You can also stay up to date on giveaways & book releases by following my blog: HERE

EXCERPT TO HOLDING ON TO THE PAIN:
Unedited Excerpt:
           “Shhhh, my sweet. Let’s test this out together. Have you been with a man?”
“No My Lord, never with anyone.” She trembled against him.
“Then let’s try this. Let me show you what it is like to be with a man. Do NOT scream. I WILL kill you if you scream. Do you understand?”
Nephele wanted to run, but he was on top of her and stronger. What choice did she have?
She slowly nodded her head that she understood.
“Good.” And in the next moment Xander’s lips were on hers.
He kissed her deeply. She had been kissed before. But never like this. This was unreal. There was a flutter deep in her belly. She was foggy--or something. What a kiss.
Xander ran his hands over her breasts and rubbed his hands down her legs. He kissed her neck. His mouth traced from her lips to her neck to the top of her dress.
Xander was lucky to be a warrior. Women threw themselves at him. Sometimes he had one, sometimes two…sometimes three at a time. But this whole experience was so much different. He felt each move with every fiber of his being. The newness she experienced at his touch filtered to him from her mind and made him desire her all the more.
He pulled off her clothes, ripping them from her. She was beautiful. He had always thought her to be rather plain. But her breasts were full, her waist slim, and her hips well for child-bearing.
She had long dark hair, slightly wavy. Sapphire blue eyes. She could be no more than nineteen.
Grasping the back of his shirt in one hand, he pulled it over his head then unfastened his pants--pulling those off as well.
Nephele gasped when she caught sight of him. He could read her thoughts.
“What are you thinking?” He wanted to hear them from her mouth.
“Nothing My Lord, how can I please you?”
Chicken, well, he knew what she was thinking anyway. She couldn’t believe how large his manhood was. How long and thick he was. She wondered if it would fit--how much it would hurt. How her first time would feel. Would she remember it forever? Would it hurt less the second time? Or the third?
Interesting enough, she asked how she could please him. Very interesting indeed.
He rolled off of her and lay down next to her as he took her hand and wrapped it around his manhood.
“Put it in your mouth and suck it.”
She lowered her head and placed her lips on him as she slowly lowered herself on him, wrapped her hand around his thickness…and started kissing it. Then she experimented a bit with her tongue. This was all so new to her. She hoped she was doing it right.
Xander's patience wore thin. “Take it in your mouth and suck.” he said, unwilling to wait for her to decide what to do with it.
She did.
Xander never remembered it feeling so well, wonderful. His senses were acute. The pressure, the pleasure, built until he was ready to let loose. He held her head in place, with her mouth still over him--and came.
He had never come so hard before. Simply astonishing
Nephele was in shock, trying not to gag. All he could read from her mind was “Eww, eww. I’m going to throw up.”
With a sadistic grin--”Swallow it,” he said.


26 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me Ray ♥ (*finds rope to get even for picture*) ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good picture of you! I really liked the excerpt from Holding Onto The Pain. I'll have to add it to my wish list. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Zoey :D I kind of wonder if one of the sex scenes in Holding on to the Pain will be a bit much. But to me, as with the excerpt above, it just seemed to fit.

      Delete
  2. Wow what hot excerpts...especially Xander's. *Fansself* I need to get this book. As usual a great interview, Kharisma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Dakota :d Thanks for stopping in ♥ You know how my brain is....what else could you have expected from Xander?

      Delete
  3. Kharisma, it's been fun interviewing you and thank you for your patience, lol. And it was an excellent pic, but I love your avatar too. LOL. I hope to have you on again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray :d Honestly, I've had that avatar for a few years now...I really should update I suppose.

      Delete
    2. Don't get rid of that avatar. It's your signature.

      Delete
    3. I had thought about that too. I've had it for so long. I wonder if it's like a calling card, so to speak.

      Delete
  4. Loved the interview and excerpts. Excellent job Ray and Kharisma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview guys. I've read Oh the Pain and cannot wait to read Hold on to the Pain. Kharisma...I consider you anything but boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with this one, I felt the pressure of how much I had liked Oh the Pain. I hope this one lives up to it.

      lol -- I'm boring...most of the time ;)

      Delete
  6. Awesome interview Kharisma! As the Wife of one of No Boundries Press Authors I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish. We have been so happy with the respect and professionalism that you have shown.

    I so look forward to the future with NBP as a publisher of choice.

    Alexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexx. Believe me when I say Kaleigha and I are very happy that our authors and their families are happy with us. We only hope to keep improving.

      Delete
  7. Awesome interview and yummy excerpts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ray and Kharisma! Great interview! From one busy woman to another, you ROCK! I wish you all the luck in growing your company with tons of authors and books! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D And thanks for stopping in. Kaleigha has huge plans for the coming years and NBP

      Delete
  9. Great interview guys. Kharisma, with your new epublishing company you might consider hooking up with Brenda Woody & Tonya Kinzer to create the banners, bookmarks, trailers, cover designs, etc. They had a grand openning last month. All your authors could benefit from them. ~Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve -- currently we have those positions filled (I also do them as well, but so far haven't even had to for NBP). But, we'll keep a note in case we need anyone in the future.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kharisma, Ray. It's been a long day but I made it to the party. This was a good interview. I could tell ray you actually took the time to know about Kharisma and her work. Congratulation on NBP. I look forward to seeing many authors in your stable. Good luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jp -- we're growing, but also being careful to not do so too quickly.

      Delete